1. No physical contact between racers. Physical contact can potentially be reviewed for disqualification
2. No Poles, No Spikes
3. Plastic spikes or any traction devices are NOT allowed
4. Dogs on leash allowed
5. Slow runners stay to the right – if you are having difficulty-completing heat, and the leaders of the following heat are catching you, you must move to the right of the course. If you do not place yourself on the right, you may face disqualification.
6. No touching, grabbing, holding onto the sidewalls.
7. Stairs are for spectators and descending participants only; you must complete the course via the constructed ramp up the middle. Using the stairs in the uphill direction is grounds for disqualification
8. If you are finding you cannot finish the race, your pullout point of the race is the midway prior to the ramp. If you need assistance getting down, we will provide you a shuttle at the midway or finish line.
9. Once you step on the ramp, you must complete the course.
10. You are not allowed to turn back on the course at any point in time
11. From the top, all racers must take the designated staircase to return to the base. Vehicle shuttles are available for racers in need.
12. If you kick a rock loose on the lower slope, please turn immediately and yell “rock” to everyone below
13. ID must be presented at bib pickup
14. Bib transfers are not permitted
15. No smoking or open flame of any kind due to the level of fire risk
16. Portable music devices are not allowed
17. Aid Stations will be at the top of the course as well as in the Athlete’s Lounge at the base
18. Once you complete the course, you must clear the finish line area within 10 seconds. If unable to do so, volunteers will assist you in moving to a rest area
19. If you miss your heat, see a race official for options.
20. HAVE FUN!